Sunday, January 24, 2010

Help Desk Monthly newspaper. Interested?

It's been almost three years since I started this blog and thanks to the Toshiba m35 repair tutorial and the HP nx 6110 repair tutorial I formed many friendships with people all over the world. A great THANKS to all of you who're regularly checking out my blog and for the encouragement you give me to continue creating useful content for hardware repairs and general computing advice from best practices in using laptops, to OS tweaks, safe computing and home networking solutions. I've also started doing some work in IT certification materials but I think on separating this last section onto a dedicated blog.
Judging by the way the big companies treat their customers and the virus/mallware rampage on the internet, I was thinking to take some baby steps toward developing a newspaper titled Help Desk Monthly where you could read some of the latest product reviews, hardware, software and networking tips, as well as software reviews for safe computing. Basically, this would provide the info that big companies and service centers hide from you in order to force some more money out of your pockets.
I'd be very grateful if you all share your thoughts on this idea, maybe advice on what you want to see in this newspaper and also, ideas on how to do the distribution. Hopefully I will be able to keep this low-budget, and have the content freely distributed to whoever wants it. For this reason, any ideas on funding would be more than welcomed, so please share.

No comments: