Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Black Hole WD

These are some of the photos of a dead WD500AAKS, that took with it 450GB of stuff, and years of research on a PhD level. I attempted to swap the heads and PCB from a WD500AACS. The reason for this opinion is an information from a tutorial at hddguru.com. The tutorial stated that the fifth and sixth characters in the DCM code should be the same, and if they are, then the two hard drives use compatible heads. Well, after opening the brand new WD500AACS, I saw that it has two platers while the AAKS had three. This meant that I just messed up a new HD because when I returned the PCB and closed up the new HD, it did not work anymore. It actually behaved the same way as the old HD behaved. Anyways, here are the pictures.


If you find my blog posts helpful please consider a small donation.




Let your friends know about this blog post
Share/Bookmark


1 comment:

Laci and Keri NĂ©meth said...

translation please... :)
Lazo